Welcome!!

Todd and I could not be more excited to welcome our two babies into this world this spring/early summer. Our official due date is June 14, but have a feeling we'll see these little turkeys in May. It has already been a long story, but we welcome you to follow along for the last few months of this overwhelming experience! Thanks for joining! :):)

Saturday, December 11, 2010

My First Blog

So here I am, 13 weeks pregnant into what has already been a very rocky journey. Todd and I are still amazed that after all of the efforts that have not worked, that we are actually pregnant!

So far... one quick trip to the hospital with pain (last Thurs), where I stayed one night. They sent me home on Friday, when I began a weekend full of finals for my MSN. Those completed on Sunday, and Monday I went in for my cerclage (cervical stitch). Painful, yes, but I am so glad I have it in. It is strange because I have been so busy monitoring myself this week, I haven't given the babies much attention. So I am so glad to have an ultrasound on Monday.

But starting from the surgery my nurse, Todd, has been very strict with my activity. And who am I to not obey him! So I have been on my back/side/other side/back on my back for the last week. I think stretching is the key, or you really get sore! And poor Buddy, he is just moping around since I can't walk him much.

Visits from my dad and Patti, Dani, Sara and Jen have really brightened my week! Dad and Patti kept me very comfortable, and helped so much around the house.

So this is the first 13 weeks in a nutshell. I figured since I will probably end up in bed for a chunk of this pregnancy, that I would start a blog so you can all keep up on the excitement. Thank you all for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Stace! Wow...my first ever blog entry! What a great idea!! I am SO looking forward to all your entries! Happy to hear that you are off and running...oops...sitting....making sure you have lots of things to do to keep yourself challenged and busy during this "quiet" time of your life. Just think...it will all be SO worth it, when those little ones are running around your house! I'm on a mission to find all sorts of things for you to do! One of them, for sure, will be making me "computer savvy"!!! Yahoo...you can fill me in on all the stuff I don't know! Keep that beautiful smile, Stace! We love you!!! Pat and George xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey...I feel so bad for you! I was on bed rest for 3 1/2 months, but nothing like this. I can send you lots of books and magazines...but really, I hate to say it, but you will get tired of books, movies, magazines and all that stuff...so when you feel like screaming in frustration...call me, because I'll listen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K. I know this is my second "post", but I know how bored you are, so I figured I'd send you another message! Can't wait to hear those little heartbeats tomorrow! Just love this new technology that lets us hear from afar! Just started packing the "Santa mobile" aka Toyota van for our trip North! Talk soon! Love! Pat and George

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey,
    I am so excited for you and Todd! As you know, being pregnant with twins is not at all a typical pregnancy and all that you are going through will be worth it when you hold your two little babies! I say take up knitting, watch everything you want on tv now (cuz you won't have time later) and do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself throughout this process. I don't know if you are into on-line chat stuff but the Bump has a multiples board for mom's who are pregnant with twins or more or have multiples. I found the board very helpful and a good way to get my questions answered quickly. Anyway, check it out if you haven't already!! And of course.....when the time is right, I've got some books for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your pregnancy! I know all about the stresses of IC and having to be on bed rest, but I can attest, that a healthy baby CAN be achieved after a cerclage, afterall, I had three healthy babies with three cerclages!

    Stay strong!

    Steph
    http://theferriegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete