Welcome!!

Todd and I could not be more excited to welcome our two babies into this world this spring/early summer. Our official due date is June 14, but have a feeling we'll see these little turkeys in May. It has already been a long story, but we welcome you to follow along for the last few months of this overwhelming experience! Thanks for joining! :):)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Unsynchronized Swimmers

We went to see our little unsynchronized swimmers yesterday, and everything looks great!

Baby A is head down, with her feet over her head, holding a serious pose. It looks quite uncomfortable, but also helps me understand the discomfort my bladder is feeling too!

Baby B has her head in the left upper quadrant of my abdomen and is laying straight across. The coolest thing about her is that while the ultrasound was over her, she was drinking away! Just enjoying the fluid.

I think she picked that up from me, seeing as I'm probably going through about 3 liters of water a day. And since this is my main activity, she's just following my lead.

The cribs arrived this weekend, and Todd was able to assemble 1 within about 15 minutes (stud). We are probably going to change out our flooring before the girls come, so the other one remains in the box. I can't wait to start taking pictures of it as it comes together!

The guest/girls bathroom is also being transformed, as Todd refuses for this process to end without a pink room. Mom and Todd have been layering the coats on over the last few days, but basically the bathroom will be a pink explosion very shortly. Go Girls!

Bed rest is going fine, I could complain but there is no place I'd rather be than at home growing my family.

Thank you for all of the visitors!!! If you are considering a visit, the morning is definitely better since I tend to get more contractions in the afternoon.

Mostly, thank you to my mom who had been tending to me over the last week, and has more time to go. She's putting up with my water intake habits very well.

I guess I should post updates a little more frequently, as it seems I have a few more things to say than I originally thought! I hope you all are having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Great news! Maybe, we have a potential ballerina with Baby A! It must have been so cool to see Baby B sipping away! I just love hearing all about these ultrasounds! Know you are excited that the nursery and bathroom are shaping up! Can't wait to see them! You have the BESTEST attitude in the world, Stace, about this whole bed rest thing! What lucky little girls to have such a wonderful Mom!! Lots of love, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so enjoyed reading your blog! Congratulations to you, Todd,
    Buddy of course, and the rest of your family!!! I know you all are so very excited! I wish I was there to come visit you! Please know you all our in our thoughts & prayers! Keep drinking that water, continue to rest, and know you have a fan club in Arkansas!!!!
    Love you bunches & miss you muches,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stacey - Great to have an update other than a 5 word text from MBF. This is SO exciting! So glad things are going well. Can't wait to see the pink room.

    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news! How much are the girls weighing these days? Are they up to a pint yet? (sticking with the liquid theme).

    Love, GREAT Aunt Lilly

    ReplyDelete