Welcome!!

Todd and I could not be more excited to welcome our two babies into this world this spring/early summer. Our official due date is June 14, but have a feeling we'll see these little turkeys in May. It has already been a long story, but we welcome you to follow along for the last few months of this overwhelming experience! Thanks for joining! :):)

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our Tiny Girl Update

So this was an interesting week.

Once I hit the 28 week mark, I decided it was good to start reading books and ordering stuff. I apologize if every sentence I say starts with, "I was reading that...". K, I am reading the twin books and they are FREAKING ME OUT!

In addition, Carters had everything on sale, so I went on and ordered plenty of coordinating pairs of preemie, newborn and 3mo. outfits. They have so much cute stuff, it was hard to choose! But not to worry, because my loving sister had a similar idea and today I received a box with literally every item that they carry that I did not purchase online. Maybe we have some sisterly ESP :). Between us, my aunts and Todd's mother, I actually think we could open our own Carters small baby franchise!

Let's get down to the serious stuff. On Sunday my Braxton Hicks contractions started getting quite close together, about three minutes apart. Naturally I went into panic mode and called the Midwife on call. I doubled my meds and was able to get through the night. Monday they resurface and I called the office again. Stacey, the RN for my doctor was able to talk me off the cliff with much reassurance, and so I was able to make it through last night.

This morning I almost packed a bag, pretty much sure I was dilating and was going to be sent to Northside to be admitted. But believe it or not, my ultrasound was so good that Dr. K and the sonographer were shocked how far I am from dilation. In fact, they measured twice! If you would like more details shoot me an email, and I'll give you the figures. Also, he implied that I may make it to 37 weeks. And here I was counting down to 34!

So all in all it was a great appointment. In addition, it is "Jose" day, Jose is our house cleaner. So I'm not sure it can get better than that :).

Thank you again to all who have commented on FB, emailed and visited, it is helping me keep my sanity for sure.

Much love, Stacey and the girls

3 comments:

  1. Stacey! I am so beyond thrilled to hear things are going well! I have been praying for you, Todd and the girls for the past few months and I'm always so excited when I see another update from you! My prayers will continue as you continue to bake those little princesses! You look absolutely amazing and I know the girls are going to be so blessed with you and Todd as parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Stace! What a great way to tell everyone all that has been going on. From my perspective, being here, I can see all that you are going through and I want you to know how proud I am of you! Your little girls are loved so much already by a Mom who is doing EVERYTHING she can to ensure their safe delivery. Hats off to you, Stace! Please know that all of us are "in your corner", as they say. But, none of us can know all that you are experiencing as you await the arrival of your precious little girls. We are here to support you in any way we can and can't wait to hold those little ones in our arms...and always...in our hearts! Lots of love, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey,
    GREAT NEWS!!! That is awesome!! 37 weeks would be amazing and usually much means NO NICU time...which is GREAT for twins!! Yay!! Stay put babies and give your momma a break! You are in for an amazing ride Stacey, I am so very excited for you! Clothes for little girls can't get any cuter and I can't wait to see pics of your precious babies!!

    ReplyDelete