Welcome!!

Todd and I could not be more excited to welcome our two babies into this world this spring/early summer. Our official due date is June 14, but have a feeling we'll see these little turkeys in May. It has already been a long story, but we welcome you to follow along for the last few months of this overwhelming experience! Thanks for joining! :):)

Friday, February 11, 2011

Calming the girls

It has been a long week for the Wilsons, which kicked off with some serious anxiety on Tuesday. I just didn't feel "right", which was followed by a quick trip to Dr. Korotkin.

Dr. Korotikin, my perinatologist, is an amazingly calm man and remained this way through our appointment. He checked the girls and my cervix, both of which are still perfectly in place. Lastly, he placed me on the monitor, which is where he found I was having mild contractions.

He placed a call with Dr. Garcia's team (my OB) and off to Northside we went. I'll give credit to Georgette, who dropped it all to pick me up in a wheelchair and drive me to meet todd. So we hit the ole' 5 o'clock traffic on the way up 400 and arrived at NH around 5:45.

I planned on making a scene at admissions, since it took us about an hour to get a bed last time we were admitted. But this time I just sat in my wheelchair, stated our case, and we were in a room in 10 minutes. At this moment my contractions were about 3 minutes apart, but not very strong.

The nurses and physicians were speedy and got things moving as quickly as they could. This meant restarting my IV after my first infiltrated during the middle of shift change (very big props for nurses!).

After one night the contractions decreased to about 1 per hour. They planned on keeping me one more night (at least) and moved me to a room with a window and a shower. After the shower, contractions began to increase again. This is when Todd and I realized what we are in for for the next 14 weeks.

Later last night we made the decision that we would be headed home tomorrow (today). My fear is complete boredom which will lead to further anxiety. So, in response, our family came together on a conference call and are creating a coverage sheet for the next couple of months.

So let the bedrest begin!! We new it was coming, just not sure when. Todd ordered me a kindle, and the tips I received are to stay in bed because if you go downstairs you're tempted to do things. So you can all picture me in my bed, growing some girls! Get ready for some really slow blog updates!

Oh, and I'm looking for a Rosetta Stone Spanish set if anyone is willing to let me borrow :)

Ciao :):)

4 comments:

  1. Just want to second the advice you got about staying in bed. I tried doing bed rest from the couch and found myself up a lot doing dumb little things and got checked into the hospital for a week. When I came home, I locked myself in the room and did much better. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Stacey, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers every day. i hope the next 14 weeks fly by and you end up trilingual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to third the bed rest advice. I had originally planned to work until 28 weeks and the Dr put me off at 24. I was so worried but it was well worth it. I totally noticed a difference when I was moving around trying to do "little things" around the house. I was admitted at 28 weeks and again at 30 (placed on mag) and 34....I felt like I lived at the hospital (I didn't) but we lived 5 min away and I would go in at the littlest things. In the end I made it to 36 weeks. Rest up, relax, you will never rest this much again in your life! Take care of yourself and your girls! Thinking and praying for you all! And I too hope you wind up trilingual by the end of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just some bed rest ideas: Watch every movie/tv series you ever wanted to watch, read, learn another language (Like you said), take up knitting, the bump has a multiples group online that can be helpful, do fun stuff like registry/shop online for the girls.

    ReplyDelete