Welcome!!

Todd and I could not be more excited to welcome our two babies into this world this spring/early summer. Our official due date is June 14, but have a feeling we'll see these little turkeys in May. It has already been a long story, but we welcome you to follow along for the last few months of this overwhelming experience! Thanks for joining! :):)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ouch!


Happy 32 Weeks everyone!!

It has been a busy few days, so I'm going to get right to the meat of the story this week.

Friday: At the OB's office we rescanned the cervix, which had returned to its original length and it did not change at all. He pulled the Fetal Fibronectin test (will explain more below) and told us that at 31 weeks, our babies would be healthy if they were born today. Of course there would be time in the NICU, but that they would pull through. This lead to a good weekend!!

Monday: The Fetal Fibronectin test came back NEGATIVE!!! A negative means that there is a 96% chance that I will NOT go into labor in the next two weeks. More good news!

Today: Babies look great! They are 4lb 5oz and 4lb 4oz, so exciting! I am so glad they are keeping up with each other, and in fact they are both growing at a terrific rate. Cervix still looks great, and the Perinatologist told us that "we won", meaning we have gotten to the safe range. So with two doctors telling us that, it is an amazing feeling.

Here comes the two "Ouch" items:
1. Both babies are still breech. So since they will most likely end up doing a C-section. I'm cool with it, as long as our babies are safe!
2. Heparin. In order to keep my blood thin, they have to switch me from Lovenox (lasts a few days in your system) to full Heparin (which lasts about 12 hours) in case I go into labor. I will start that in 2 weeks. For all you RNs out there, I'll be on 10,000u SQ BID. OUCH and BRUISE!!

So all in all, Todd and I are basking in the happiness that we are getting to our goal in this 3 year adventure. It seems so scary to just enjoy what is happening, but I am getting there! Of course with each week I want one more week so badly :):).

Okay, and last but not least, you get to see big mama Wilson. Please don't laugh too hard! (Okay, you can laugh, I will laugh with you)

Love you all!

Stace, A & I

7 comments:

  1. Stace! Oh, my goodness...There aren't enough superlative adjectives in the dictionary to describe how happy I am right now for you!! Thirty-two weeks and counting...yahoo!!! We are SO proud of ALL that you have gone through and continue to go through to ensure the safe delivery of these precious little girls! Sounds like the "ouch" is going to be BIG!! In fact, your list of "ouches" continues to grow! Where is the runway, by the way! You look terrific, Stace! Lots of love, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. many congratulations to you kids...a road well worth traveling...love from Alameda, Cathy & Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all You look amazing! I barely got dressed at 32 weeks with twins...and certainly didn't do my hair! Second: Yay!! 32 weeks!!! AWESOME!! Did I say awesome?? This is better than awesome!! You are doing it and YES your sweet girls would be okay if born now, but Yay for a negative FFN test!! That means they will cook longer and be even more healthy! Awesome weights too! Way to go Momma!! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers! Mine were breech as well and it was a scheduled c-section. It went way better than I expected it to go and recovery was not as bad as I thought. You will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahooo!! These girls are so loved already, we can hardly stand it. As for the breech thing- they are just practicing early to stand with their heads held high! What a looonnggg 3 years it has been- it's time for you to relax and enjoy a little bit my dear friend! I can't believe you have almost 10 lbs of baby (and 2 placentas) in that belly- I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to look that good at 32 (32!!!!) weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely beautiful!!! Seriously, you look amazing!!!! I am so excited for you guys! This all is just awesome!!! It has been a long journey for you guys and now it is time to relax and enjoy!!! These precious little girls are so very lucky to have you & Todd as their parents!!! They literally have won the lottery!!! You guys continue to inspire us!!! We love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a gr mother already...gving up your freedom for your two sweet girls. I am so happy for yu Stacey !

    ReplyDelete