Welcome!!

Todd and I could not be more excited to welcome our two babies into this world this spring/early summer. Our official due date is June 14, but have a feeling we'll see these little turkeys in May. It has already been a long story, but we welcome you to follow along for the last few months of this overwhelming experience! Thanks for joining! :):)

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Ball is Officially Rolling

Hello All!

I am very glad that I did NOT skip my appointment this week, as recommended by my physician.

My cervix is beginning to shorten, and in fact it is what they call "dynamic". Basically, we don't know what it means outside of the cervix shortening and lengthening on its own. It reminds of me of some sea creature, opening up and closing. In fact, it closed right in front of or eyes on the ultrasound.

So we go in for testing on Friday which should determine if we are going to deliver in the next 2 weeks. And if it is positive, we will start the steroid treatments. If it is negative, I guess I don't know what the next step will be.

I guess we are getting to the exciting time, but I am just determined to do what it takes to keep these girls in me as long as humanly possible.

While I tend to be freaked out by anything outside of normal, of course Dr. K remains calm, cool and not concerned about it. So I'm trying to stay that way too. He feels the body is just simply warming up for what needs to happen in the next few weeks.

That's what I've got, I'll keep you posted as we get more news!

Always,
Stace and the Girls

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Stace! I'm so happy that you were, again, so smart to keep your appointment with Dr. K this week. Just knowing that things are changing can be a bit freaky, but, as you said so well, your body is just "warming up" for the natural progression of giving birth. Those little girls just can't wait to meet their VERY special Mommy and Daddy. I just know that all will be well, Stace! You are doing ALL the right things. Over the years, as my kids were growing up and things became a bit tough for them, I reminded them of a comment that my own Mom made to me many years ago. She said, "Try your best...the angels can do no more." You are trying your best, Stace, and your little girls are so blessed to have such a loving, caring Mom! Love always!!! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ROCK Stace! Just keep happy thoughts and relaxed and it will all go the way it needs to happen. The girls will come when they need to and they will be wonderful!! Get sleep now (if you can) since in just a few weeks you won't sleep for more than a few hours here and there.
    Thinking of you! Let me know if you need anything. Miss you tons and talk to you soon.
    Love, Breeze

    ReplyDelete
  3. 31 weeks!! Yay!! You are doing great!! You are doing amazing and hopefully they will stay put a little longer...but if not it's just because they are so eager to meet Mommy and Daddy! Take care of yourself, rest, and drink lots of water! Love, Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day counts! Thinking of you! Love, Julie and Jeremy

    ReplyDelete